Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Regimen!!



I get ask this question A LOT!!! what is your regime??? and its kind of a hard question to answer on the top of my head lol so this post is dedicated to my regimen!!

My Natural Hair regimen

  1. I deep condition my hair once a week and use shampoo twice a month
  2. On shampoo days I detangle my hair first on dry hair..I simply spritz a section of my hair with water, apply a cheap conditioner (Aussie moist or vo5), and EVOO and detangle with my fingers. After the section is detangled I then twist the section and move on until my whole head is done, and Im left with about 10-12 twist.
  3. After I detangle I proceed with shampooing. The shampoo I use is actually a cleansing mud (terressentials) I apply the mud to my scalp and massage it in, I then apply a tiny bit more throughout my hair and then re-twist the section. when my hair is finished I'm left with about 10-12 twist. Then its time to rinse again!! 
  4. Now Im left with nice clean hair!! its time to deep condition with my DC mix. I section my hair again and then apply my deep conditioner in sections, twisting each section after. Again I'm left with 10-12 twist with deep conditioner in them. I then place a plastic bag on my hair and let the DC sit for about 2hrs.
  5. After I rinse my DC out, while under the water I will do a oil rinse with Castor oil.An oil rinse is when u apply oil to your hair while it is soaking wet, let it sit for about 2-3 mins then RINSE with warm water
  6. So now the washing step is over with, its time to style..I use curl formers to stretch my hair. I wear my hair stretch 95% of the time.Before I apply the curl formers I make sure to moisturize and seal my hair. I apply about 20-30 curl formers, sit under the dryer for 30 mins (or sometimes let them air dry but I hate sleeping with those things lol), take them out and then braid my hair in 8 big chunky braids. DONE!!
  7. I wear a chunky braid outs throughout the week, and re-braid my hair each night in 8 braids (4 on each side) at night
When I don't use shampoo (remember I only use the cleansing mud twice per month) I simply just detangle my hair WITH my deep conditioner mix (it gives me plenty of slip to detangle), let the deep conditioner sit for 2hrs, and then style with curl formers and chunky braids like usually...I love wash days when I don't have to shampoo! its so much shorter lol 

Products
Shampoo: Terressentials Lavender hair wash 
Conditioner: Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose/ Vo5/ Aussie Moist
Deep Conditioner mix: Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose/Castor oil/EVOO/ coconut milk or yogurt
Moisturizer: Qhemets Alma Olive Heavy Cream 
Oils: Castor oil, Extra virgin olive oil 

Ill be doing a youtube vid of this process soon!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment