Thursday, August 2, 2012

2 years natural!!!!! Woot Woot!!!



YAAAAAAYYY!!! 2morrow I will be 2 years natural!!! *Does happy dance*

These two years has gone by FAST it seems like yesterday I was rocking my TWA!!...On my 1 year BC anniversary I told myself during my second year I would try more styles, annnnd I somewhat accomplished this goal..I now know how to tie turbans annnnnnnd.....yea that's about it lol. I did not keep up with that goal at all!! like I said before I suck at styling smh. So during my third year my goal is to now practice more protective styling and try more styles on my hair!

So far I'm doing good! I just installed mini twist in my hair this past weekend AND a few days ago I purchased LaJay!! yep I bought myself a half wig!!! its similar to my texture so I will be able to leave my hair out in the front to blend it better..but LaJay will be a great protective style when I start school in a few weeks. Just put my wig on and head to class, and let my hair stay protected in the mean time. Below is a pic of LaJay on a model..I order it in black and as soon as it comes in I will be doing a post and vid about it!!!


ok so back to me being 2 years natural!! I BC on Aug 3rd 2010 and haven't looked back since!! I've learned a lot about my hair during these 2 years like...
  1. Finger detangling is my BFF!!!
  2. Deep conditioning my hair weekly is a BIG part of my regime
  3. Braid outs are my go-to style
  4. My hair absolutely adores heavy products
  5. Wash n go's are a NO NO for me
  6. Protective styles help me retain length (even tho I hate doing them lol)
  7. Drinking more water has improved the condition of my hair
  8.  finding products that work with my hair, and sticking with them has helped a lot from wasting tons of money on hair products
  9. and finally the natural hair community has been a great support system!! Ive learned a lot from blogs, YouTube, and other naturals!! 

I'm still happy to be nappy and ready to see how long and BIG my hair can be by my 3 years post BC!! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment