Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Journey in these natural streets!!

I decided to go natural the summer of 2010..I was sick of my old relaxed hair cut, and wanted something new!! So in the mean time I got braids while I did more research on going natural..I wasn't sure if I wanted to Big chop or transition..After one month of having braids I couldn't take it any more!! I wanted to be natural so I took my braids out and decided to transition...


my try at transitioning (braid out)...I wasn't feeling it at all!!! :( 

soooo I just decided to BC!! at about 11 o'clock at night August 3rd 2010, home alone, I took some scissors and snip snip the front was gone..I waited on my sister to get home and she finished the back for me and TADA!!! I BIG CHOPPED!! 

I LOVED my BC!! I felt so confident with short hair, and it was VERY short! lol I had maybe and inch of hair on my head. It was so easy back then too. Just wake up spray my head with some water, rub a lil Shea butter/oil through it and go! (its a different story now smh) 

My family and friends loved it as well..of course they were kind of shocked when they first saw it lol I can always remember my daddy saying "So you had a Brittney spears moment huh" lol..About 3 weeks after I Big Chopped I had to head back to campus to start a new semester at school. I was a little nervous of how people would react to my barley there hair but for the most part I was confident! and by being confident and loving my hair there wasn't much people could say to upset me..I really didn't care :) 


Slowly but surely it began to grow! Some months I felt like it was growing fast and others I would question if it was at all..I will definitely say new natural PLEASE take picture and document your hair journey!! Because when I didn't feel like my hair was growing, I would look back of pics 2 months ago and be like "wow! I guess it is growing some!" So have comparison pics to keep you confident! 

I will be posting my regimen when my hair was in a twa and now soon!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment