Sunday, July 22, 2012

3 ways I protect my strands!!

Ok so me and protective styling has had a love/hate relationship since I been natural! I love the fact that my ends are protected, and I get a break from having to do my hair daily BUT I hate how most of them look, and tend to miss my hair quick!


1. Turban/Head wraps



I started getting into turbans this summer, and Im hooked! I love how easy it is to do, and how cute it looks as well! I wear my satin bonnet underneath my turban, and to make the turban I use anything! From cloth, scarves, fabric, anything! If its long enough to be a turban and has a cute pattern, it going on my head!! Ive been wearing turbans a lot this summer to keep my hair off my neck, and still have it protected and braided under my satin bonnet..check out my youtube video on 2 quick ways to style a turban!!


2. Beanies

During the winter time, I am a junkie for some beanies! I have so many in about every color. I leave my hair under a satin bonnet still braided and slap on beanie, and I normally wear my hair out in the front..Majority of  winter I'm in school, so slapping on a beanie is perfect because I wont have to worry about re-braiding each night.



3. Loose Strand twist

Loose strand twist is also a protective style I started this summer. I learned about this style through watching Alicia James on you tube. (Pretty much, loose two strand twist are done exactly like regular two strand twist EXCEPT, you begin the twist tight and then start twisting really loosely, towards the end of the twist you will start to twist tight again to make sure it doesn't unravel) She did them a few times and her twist look stunning! They were full with body and volume, and almost look like dreads. So I decided to give them a try, and LOVED them! I tried mini twist before and hated how long it took and the detangling proecess after taking them out. But with loose strand twist it only takes me about 2 hrs to install, and detangling is a breeze when I take them out. I normally leave them in for a week! Throughout the week I will spritz my twist with water, and moisturize my twist with EVOO and qhemets AOHC. 
I will be doing a video on my loose strand twist soon, so keep checking the youtube channel! until then check out the wonderful Alicia James videos on loose two strand twist below in the link 


So those are the 3 protective styles I'm currently wearing. Like I said I have a love/hate relationship with protective style and always end up missing my hair. Every so often Ill put some braid extension in, but its a waste of time and money, because those sucks be out within 2 weeks smh lol



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment