Thursday, July 26, 2012

Biotin, Vitamins, and Things




So the other day I was in walmart and happen to past the vitamin aisl, and I thought to my self "hmmm I wonder if Im getting my daily amount of nutrients a day"...nah actually I walked straight past that aisl too the hair care aisl to see what new goodies wally world had (They have a whole section now for naturals), but I was disappointed to see almost everything was out of stock. So I went back to the vitamin aisl and saw Biotin!!..I remember seeing youtubers talk about biotin and how it can promote healthier hair,skin, and nail. So I decided to give it a try! I bought the 1000 mcg, because it was the smallest pill (I hate big horse pills)..I also bought some multi vitamins as well.

So before I took the biotin I went home to do some more research on it, here's a little info I found

 "Biotin is most often thought of as the “hair growth vitamin.” It is an essential water-soluble B vitamin. Biotin has come to be known for its role in the health and beauty of Hair, Skin and Nails. It promotes healthy hair growth and protects against dryness. It also increases the elasticity of the hair's cortex, thus preventing breakage. However, biotin also has other uses. It is involved in carbon dioxide transfer and therefore essential to the metabolism of carbohydrate and fat. Biotin can be found in beans, breads, cauliflower, egg yolks, fish, kidney, legumes, liver, meat, dairy products, nuts, oatmeal, oysters, peanut... In addition to Biotin, there are other vitamins that can promote healthy hair growth such as Folic Acid, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamins A, C, and D, and more. " - Hairfinity

The only negitive feedback I saw about biotin was that it can cause your skin to breakout IF you do not drink plenty of water behind it. I already drink a lot of water daily so Im not too worry about that. So I will be taking these and will be posting if I see a difference in my hair, skin, and nails!


(Here's the facts on the Bottle)






No comments:

Post a Comment